Monday, March 17, 2014

March 16, 2014: Week 21 Binyag Na!!

Hello everyone!

So we had a baptism this week!  She is so awesome.  Her name is Charleen Fernando.  I'm pretty sure I told you her story last week.  She had some struggles with her parents letting her be baptized, but I've never seen anyone so happy to step into the waters of baptism. (even though the picture doesn't show it.)  She came out of the waters with a huge smile on her face.  It was also elder Lungays one year mark!  So it was a perfect occasion to have him baptize someone.

As far as our work went this week..... It was really rough.  The area we are in right now is in what they call the "gawat"  season, or the famine season.  They all are employed by the "Bukid" or the rice field, but right now the rice field is just taking its good old time growing.  Leaving all of our investigators and members with no money to come to church....  So the Bukid is not a friend right now.   But I have to say that the Bukid is very beautiful.

This week did, though, consist of trying to find a lot of new investigators.  So that means that a big really white red head was walking the streets of Quezon and talking to any and every person that said "Hey Joe!"  That was their punishment :)  

Oh I would just like to let you all know that like 10 minutes before I came to email I ate a fresh mango.  Like picked from the tree yesterday.  So..... Yeah :)  (Be jealous)

 I went and played basketball for the first time in like 2 months on Saturday.... and now I know what it feels like when the old men play like one game and have to throw in the towel.  I've hobbled through my area for the last few days now.  

But the highlight of my week was this morning.  Me and Elder Lungay and Elder Watkins decided that we had had enough of the city life, so we went to the nearest river this morning and walked around and took pictures.  It was quite amazing.  I'll send pictures.

So nothing really that amazing this week.  We were really focused on getting Charleen baptized.  Next week.... there will be something amazing :)

I love you all and please stay safe!  I'll eat a mango for you :)

Elder Gordon

1. The Baptism
2. The Windmill 
3. The River
4. I cant remember what I put there
5. Me... At the river
6. Me
7. Elder Watkins (Both of our shirts were found at the local uki-uki or DI)
8. Philippines
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment